Tuesday 25 March 2014

Girly Night's Out

As a Mother, I love spending time with my children more than anybody else in this world. We love shopping, walks, picnics, movie nights, games nights, just as long as we are together and spending that quality time with each other.

But once a month, for one night only, I get to be Laura!

And boy, do I enjoy being Laura. 

Myself and my girlfriends arrange a girly night once a month, now this could be a full blown frocks-on-dancing-til-your-feet-are-sore night out or it could be a comfies-on-with-snacks-juice-nibbles-and-plenty-of-gossip-night-in. Whatever we decide, it always turns out to be the best nights and we really look forward to it all month.

This weekend just gone was our monthly night out and it was a full blown frocks-on night out. As soon as the children are picked up by babysitting grandparents, the doors are locked, the music is turned up and the beautifying process comes into play.

Outfits are selected.
Make-up is chosen.
Shoes are matched.
Hair is styled.

Then the night begins!!

I really do enjoy and need my girly nights with my girlfriends.

I didn't take any picture that night, which is unheard of, but I'll leave you with photos from previous nights out.



Mother.Wife.Me

6 comments:

  1. Wow im so jealous! I'm a single mum ( i write singleparentpessimist.co.uk) but lack many friends in my area (single friends at that!) and i really miss going out and having girly fun!

    You dont live in Brighton by any chance?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am a little jealous :) It's been a while since I've had a good girly night out :) #BlogClub

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't remember the last time i had a night out with the girls? probably because of all the booze i might have drunk! ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you had loads of fun, I also love a girls night out now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rah love a girl's night out!! #AllAboutYou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You are so right, it is important to have a night to be you, and it doesn't mean you don't love your kids any less, in fact, it probably makes room for you to love them more and be happier with yourself too; Great #AllAboutYou post

    Mama-andmore.com

    ReplyDelete