Wednesday 13 March 2013

My weekly Meal Plan

For some reason or another, we didn't stick rigidly to last weeks meal plan, so we have a lot of meals left over which we will have this week, taking that into effect, I did not have to buy an awful lots this week.

This week's meal plan consists of:

Breakfast:
Cereal and toast with milk to drink

Lunches:
Scrambled egg and spaghetti hoops
Bacon in rolls (I use the part baked rolls)
Left over curry
Left over chicken pasta bake
Sandwiches
Mini sausage rolls
Pizza muffins

Dinners:

Fish cakes, potatoes and veg
Sausage and chips
Chicken Fajitas
Chorizo fried rice
Chicken Pasta bake
Chicken curry with rice and poppadoms
Spicy Pepper pasta bake

Snacks:

Apples
Carrots
Cucumber
Crisps
Fromage frais
Biscuits

I spent a grand total of £19.33 this week but still could have spent less, I treated myself to chocolate hobnobs and I forgot to buy milk so had to buy it from our corner shop. If I had bought the milk from Iceland and not bought the hobnobs I could have saved £2.64, which would have made the total spend at £16.69, but there's nothing I can do about that now and treats now and again are a good thing.....or at least, that's how I'm justifying it.

I also received a Price Comparison voucher for £1.20 off my next shop, Every Penny Counts right!!

From what I already had in, I only had to buy:

Bacon
Crisps
Muffins
Part baked rolls
Poppadoms
Bread
Rice
Fish cakes
Chicken Nuggets
Biscuits
Apples
Fromage Frais
Chips
Ice cream
Cucumber
Carrots
Salsa
Milk

I will be the first to admit that our meals aren't always the healthiest and we do eat a lot of the same food, but it suits us and we're happy with it.

Linking up with 'athomewithmrsm'

Meal Planning Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment