Saturday 16 February 2013

Easy Make Treats

Since following my more frugal lifestyle, I've stopped buying cakes and biscuits and pretty much anything we might like as a treat on a Saturday afternoon with a cup of tea to see us through until Dinner Time.

Now it's 3pm on said Saturday afternoon and I'm starting to feel a bit peckish, so I pulled up 2 of my most trusty recipes for quick and easy make treats and enlisting Erin to help, we set upon making:

Chocolate Cornflake Cakes


I dont need to put the recipe here, you just melt the chocolate and add in Cornflakes until the chocolate is used up.

Erin and I added sprinkles to our cakes before we put them in the fridge, but Damian preferred no sprinkles (must be a boy thing)


Then we made some Simple Jammy Biscuits.

Again so quick and easy to make and absoloutely delicious. I used this recipe
 http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1752/simple-jammy-biscuits





200g Self raising flour
100g Caster Sugar
100g Butter (I use Stork)
1 lightly beaten egg
Jam (I use seedless raspberry)


  1. Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Rub the flour, sugar and butter together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Alternatively, you can do this in the food processor. Add enough egg to bring the mixture together to form a stiff dough.
  2. Flour your hands and shape the dough into a tube, about 5cm in diameter. Cut into 2cm-thick slices and place on a large baking sheet. Space them out as the mixture will spread when baking.
  3. Make a small indentation in the middle of each slice with the end of a wooden spoon, and drop a tsp of jam in the centre. Bake for 10-15 mins until slightly risen and just golden. Cool on a wire rack.

Per biscuit

170 kcalories, protein 2.0g, carbohydrate 25.0g, fat 8.0 g, saturated fat 5.0g, fibre 0.5g, sugar 13.0g, salt 0.3 g 


All that was left was to make a cup of tea and enjoy our Easy Make Treats

 

No comments:

Post a Comment